6 1/2 weeks pregnant and cold/allergy symptoms?
I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and I have minor symptoms: my boobs hurt (just a tad), I get nauseous, I'm exhausted and I can hardly sleep.
My current problem is that I think I may have a cold coming on. Yesterday and today when I woke up, I can't breathe through my nose, I sneeze tons and I my throat is VERY sore. I just took my temperature and it's 97.8 But I can't tell if it's just allergy symptoms, since fall is coming and there's strange stuff in the air.
My question is: what is something I can take that won't affect the baby and won't completely knock me out? I'd call and ask my doctor but his receptionist is kind of mean. :( Any input from those who have had experience would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by Dr.Phil with Boobs
Sounds like Pregnancy Rhinitis, try sleeping with a humidifier.

Posted by lex
the best thing to do is to take nothing but if you really cant go without something u can take Tylenol of any kind! and robitusin. this is what my doc had me take i got sick a few times throughout my pregnancy. cough drops and vicks work too if u dont want to take meds!!

p.s. get used to the not being able to breathe out your nose! it doesn't really go away your entire pregnancy

Posted by maccrew6
There is no real decongestant that is totally "safe" to take while pregnant. You can use saline nose drops, and regular tylenol if needed. (mom of five)

Posted by GMarie
You can take a tylenol cold medicine or I can't remember if it is claritan or sudafed, but one of those is safe during pregnancy. Alot of those symptoms are just from the pregnancy, I had that in the beginning of my pregnancy.

Posted by parental unit
you may just try a humidifier in your room. Benedryl is safe in pregnancy, but taking it in the daytime will only make you more exhausted. Try it at night time, along with the humidifier. Congestion is common in pregnancy, all the mucous membranes are swollen and it makes you feel gross. It will get better.

If you have a bad relationship with your doctors staff you may want to consider switching to a new practice. You are going to see them a lot over the next 8 months, and you want to feel comfortable asking them anything that you want or need to know about your pregnancy.


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: 6 1/2 weeks pregnant and cold/allergy symptoms?

0 comments