can a cold or flu lead to pneumonia?

Posted by Simon | 5:50:00 PM


can a cold or flu lead to pneumonia?
i have had what i think is a cold with a fever (not sure how high but it don't think it is very high) since thursday. yesterday i started coughing and today i have developed a pain in my chest. I am 17 and i have never had this kind of pain in my chest before. i was wondering if this could be a sign of pneumonia or not.
i have tried looking on the internet and have not been able to find it. don't tell me just to look on webmd.
please don't just tell me to go to the doc either because its saturday ad there is nothing open where i live. if i am not better by monday my mom is going to take me. a comment like that really doesn't answer my question

Posted by sweets
I'd look on webmd and see.

Posted by Inuyasha
GO TO THE DOCTOR.Noone on here actually knows unless you go to the doctor.Im not trying to be snooty.

Posted by Sammyleggs222
Could be strain from coughing or lung infection of some sort.....could lead to pneumonia if the fluid contains the pneumococcus that causes pneumonia.....Best to see a doctor to get it checked out!!!

Posted by imsety
Where is your parents they need to take you to the hospital, I wish you luck.

Posted by Jay W
There is really no way to tell whether or not you could have pneumonia. Symptoms of pneumonia do vary, but the rule of thumb is if you have a persistent cough, shortness of breath, chest pain that fluctuates with your breathing (pleurisy), an unexplained fever (lasting fever of 102 F or higher along with chills and sweats) or if you suddenly feel worse after a cold or the flu, you should see a doctor.


Give your answer to this question below! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: can a cold or flu lead to pneumonia?

0 comments