If I get flu symptoms from the flu shot, am I contagious?
I've had these symptoms for 2 1/2 days. I work with kids. I don't want to go breathe on the kids of I'm contagious.
But how do I know if it's a response from the vaccine or if I just happened to come in contact with an infected person (which is easy since I work with kids) who was asymptomatic about the same day I got the vaccine?

I suppose that is impossible to know, so I called in sick just to be safe.

Posted by Cobra Kai Johnny Lawrence
Yes

Posted by TweetyBird
You are not contagious. You should be having these symptoms. This is exactly what you want. This is the whole point of the vaccination -- to stimulate your immune system into producing antibodies to give you immunity. Your immune system is responding to the proteins on the capsule surrounding the viruses that were in the vaccine and some of the ways your immune system responds to what it thinks is a real threat also make you cough, make your muscles ache, cause fever, etc. You don't have a true illness. You're just responding the way you should. You can't transmit your immune response to others.

Posted by The Patriot
Depends. You can get flu like symptoms but you are not contagious if these symptoms are due to the vaccine. But it will not be the flu as the vaccine is a 'killed' vaccine, i.e. it does not actually cause infection.

But, you can have developed another illness that is giving you flu like symptoms. If you have that, then yes, you are contagious, not it will not be Swine Flu.

I hope the link below is of use, and of course, I hope you are feeling better soon!


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: If I get flu symptoms from the flu shot, am I contagious?

0 comments