Since taking early retirement a little over a year ago, my husband and I in our 50's, relatively healthy, have
experienced recurring bouts of flu and colds. The only major contributor that we can think of is that it often occures after we have had visits with our grandkids, ages 1 and 2???? It's as tho our immune systems have become compromised or weak since we have retired???? Has anyone else experiences this?

Posted by caretaker
thats right
Your Grandkids are carriers
But
use lots of soap and water and it should stop

Posted by dtwladyhawk
I had breast cancer, my husband had sepsis and staph in his arm and had to have it surgically removed. Neither of us can give blood. When our 2 yr old granddaughter she often has the sniffles and both of us feel it but, I would ask you this, when was your house completely fumigated of germs? You were at work, you weren't in the house all day. If you have a/c check all the filters. Have your furnace cleaned. I have had a bad case of allergies getting worse over the past few yrs I believe due to our lack of a good freeze here. I think you are tougher than you think. Enjoy them. If this were the case there would be no teachers in class.

Posted by Jason F
I don't know what your profession was, but I do know that lack of exercise can weaken your immune system. If you are less active now, that could be a key contributor to your health problems.

Posted by Alex
My parents who are in their 70's get the flu and colds more
often since babysitting their 5 and 6 year old grandchildren. I moved in with my parents in 2005 and I find myself coming down with colds more often since living with them. I feel that the children get sick so often and since they come over after school, 6 days per week and they touch everything and sneeze all over the place, it is a give in that they would pass on their germs to us......

Posted by ARFED 13
I have liver damage so my immune system is compromised. Children that age are building up their immune systems while yours is getting weaker. children that are sick don't feel it like middle aged or the elderly. I had been to the doctors twice between the age15 and 48. I watch my grandchildren 5 days a week and all school vacations I may get 1 cold a year but I did notice that when I go for my 6mo doctors check-up, 1 to 2 weeks later I get sick either a cold or a intestinal virus. Just kiss your grandkids on the forehead, Try to stay out of waiting rooms and keep taking vitamins.


What do you think? Answer below! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Since taking early retirement a little over a year ago, my husband and I in our 50's, relatively healthy, have

0 comments