Could I build a fish pond where I live?
I live in eastern Washington. Could I build a fish pond in my yard? If so, how should I maintain it during the winter, since we usually get freezing temperatures? How cold can fish like koi stand? Are there any other pond fish species that are more suitable to colder temperatures? Is there any other info I would need for building a fish pond? Thanks I really appreciate any info or suggestions you might have.

Posted by Mr. Sandman
make sure the pond is deep enough so that when it does freeze the fish can survive below the ice, their are many fish species that can survive the cold

Posted by pondlady
Find out your freeze line and make sure your pond is deeper than that. Put in goldfish rather than koi. They are cheaper and require lots less care.
And here's how to build your pond:
http://www.pondlady.com/resource/pondbuild.html

Posted by renpen
Visit Skippy's Koi and pond site. Great information on building and maintaining ponds. They are in the north east so they know how to deal with cold weather. Great site, great people and products. They will answer your e-mail questions.


Add your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Could I build a fish pond where I live?

0 comments