Are all viruses highly contagious?

Posted by Simon | 5:55:00 PM


Are all viruses highly contagious?
I am asking because a little while back, I had a somewhat nasty virus. I had a fever, around 103'ish, felt like crap, a lot of flu-like symptoms like nausea and I did throw up one night. My parents took me to the emrgency room where did they basic bloodwork and came back and said it looked good and is most likely just "some kind of virus."

The interesting thing is that noone I came into contact with, at least the people I know, did not get sick. My girlfriend didn't get sick and I am pretty sure we kissed during that time period. I was also living in a dorm apartment and none of my 4 other roomates got sick. I wasn't really coughing a lot though or sneezing.

Sounds a bit odd noone else got sick, however, when my girlfriend gets a cold or something and we kiss a lot, I never get sick from her so I dunno.

What do you guys think?

Posted by sal1970
not all viruses are highly contagious. HIV for examples requires the virus to enter your bloodstream.
merely coughing on someone would not infect them. whether or not to contract a viral infection,
depends on your immune system. if you're fit and healthy, you less likely to catch something.
if you're sickly or have a compromised immune system, you could easily catch a cold or other
viral infection.

Posted by Asteria
Well, every virus is contagious because in theory that is how the virus survives, it moves from host to host. However, you have to take into account the immune system. A lot of people have a high level of immunity to certain types of illness such as the common cold, flu, mumps, mono etc due to vaccinations or just the general strength of their immune system. This is why we are always told to take certain vitamins in order to help aid the strength of our immune systems and fight illnesses that others may be more attainable to.

Posted by Taylor Swift!:)
Yes all viruses are conagous however some do not spread as easily as others.


What do you think? Answer below! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Are all viruses highly contagious?

0 comments