Can a common cold (nasty but without a fever) interfere with ovulation?
Today is my supposed day of ovulation: first negative day after a positive ovulation predictor test and second peak day on the fertility monitor. The cold is pretty nasty but I don't have a fever. Just congestion, achy sinuses/teeth, itchy palate and a headache. Could this cold keep me from ovulating or delay ovulation? Or does my snotty head not interfere with my lil egg?

Posted by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Mom2two Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
It Can. I got the H1N1 on CD 16 and it delayed Ovulation until CD 26 (I am usually CD 19.

Posted by Tired of TTC
It probably won't (usually serious illness is more likely to cause a delay in O) but it is possible it could. If your body is very run down, it may decide to devote all it's energies to healing and will forget about ovulation as it's not as 'important' as getting better so will either forgo O altogether or hold off until you are feeling better.


What do you think? Answer below! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Can a common cold (nasty but without a fever) interfere with ovulation?

0 comments