Consistently getting flu/common cold when exhausted or tired?
Every time I become tired and exhausted I first get a runny nose, then if I continue to spend effort, I get full blown common cold/flu. I used to be very healthy and only suffer from cold once or twice a year. This is very new to me and I hate it. First time I noticed it is when I drove from Dubai to Riyadh continuously for 10 hours. When I arrived in Riyadh I got sick. More recently, I drove from Riyadh to Dubai, and same thing happened. The third time I noticed it was when I once was in Riyadh, I became exhausted and the symptoms were beginning to show, so I immediately gave myself some rest and the symptoms went away.

Anyone know of anything specifically causing this? I know for the past few months I been some what depressed but I don't think my eating habits have deteriorated by much. I'm still around the same weight I used to be. That is 63-65kg.

Posted by justdennis
Could be the dust in the air. I'd get one of those ion air particle removers.

Posted by Laura B
That is your bodies way of telling you to stop burning the candle at both ends. When we are overly tired our resistance is down and opens us up for bugs to attack. Slow down and stop pushing yourself so hard. Life is too short as it is dont shorten it further by pushing yourself beyond resistance.

Posted by Mr. Magoo
Mental state has been known to influence physical state, so even if you think your depression isn't too important, your body obviously doesn't agree. Those symptoms shouldn't be popping up with just normal fatigue. Also, eating habits arent too important in regards to this, as food/water intake only accounts for about 10% of your total energy. I'd say "See a therapist and ask his opinion."

Posted by Lilly
Be sure that you are eatting 3 meals a day with 17-25 grams of protien.

when I went veggie, I got real sick and didn't realize how important protien is in our diets.

lot's of fruits and veggies.
drink juice, and water.

take a daily vitiman.
REST, eat Healthy, live well!

be well!

Posted by Niamhy Creative
Everyone blames this on lack of vitimin c.....NOT TRUE!

If you are a smoker or spend time in a smoky room or around someone who smokes, you are more likely to catch a cold, and it is very difficult to get rid of...(I know I'm a smoker.) Since I've been smoking, I catch 2-3 colds per yr, they last anything from 2 weeks to 2 months. There is nothing a doctor can do only tell you to give up smoking. It could also be chemicals in the atmosphere, some chemicals in our air are also contained in cigarrettes.

I don't think you get the flu...If you are depressed, a cold will be magnified by the depression. A flu would have you bed bound, sweating and a complete inability to move.

Give up smokes if you smoke. And seek professional advice for your depression.

Good Luck.


Add your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Consistently getting flu/common cold when exhausted or tired?

0 comments