Did you all get a flu vaccine & are you planning on getting the swine flu vaccine?
I researched some info about the flu vaccine & there is some controversy about it saying that some w/ mercury can cause autism & Im a little bit sketched out about getting the swine flu vaccine since it's new, however the flu is supposed to go around like crazy this fall & winter & pregnant women are number one to get the vaccines & are at the greatest risk for death from the flu. What are your takes on the vaccines?

Did you/ Are you getting the vaccines? And if not, why?

Posted by Mike
no i dont... i believe in darwins theory of survival of the fittest... i will catch it, deal with it and become stronger.

Posted by KC
I'm not getting any vaccines. The flu one, just because I'm not worried about getting the flu and the swine flu one because I doubt I'll get it and I don't really know if the vaccine is safe. I don't know if there is really any hardcore proof that vaccines cause autism, but I've heard of it. I think that you can get vaccines without mercury. That is something you should talk about with the doc and even the pediatrician after the baby gets here. Do your research as well, don't just do what they tell you too because it's your child. Although doctor's are educated, I still don't think that they are 100% correct all the time.

Posted by donna k
I have never had the vaccine and have had the flu twice in 27 years. I am 50 now. After being with my husband for 30 years, he told me how many people get sick after getting the vaccine and has convinced me not to. All our friends have never had one either and are never sick.

Posted by Abby
No, I mentioned it to my doctor while I was there last week for another thing. She told me not to bother, swine flu (like normal seasonal flu) is only really a big deal if you have another medical condition (pregnancy doesn't count as a medical condition).

Posted by Txstrwbry
If you are pregnant I wouldn't suggest getting the vaccines. If you aren't pregnant then you could get them.

You can get the flu shot without mercury being in them. They are just harder to find. I would wait and see what the doctor suggests and go from there. Also, do more research on this to find out what the best solution is for you.

I just know if you work in health care than by all means get the shots. It will save you a lot of trouble down the road :)


Add your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Did you all get a flu vaccine & are you planning on getting the swine flu vaccine?

0 comments