Which is better: taking medication or letting your natural body fight fever/cold/flu?
I read somewhere that if you're sick, and you keep using medication in order to get well, the bacteria in you gets used to it, so in the future, you'll have to take more medication to overcome them. Is this true? would it be better that next time you get sick, you just eat fruits, veggies, and let the natural antibodies fight off the flu itself?

Posted by xDarkAngeL
I don't always take medicine unless it's serious and it is bugging me.

I usually let my body fight it off with the vitamins I take and the stuff I drink and eat.

Posted by Lori
This is true of taking antibiotics.Cold and flu are viruses and antibiotics are ineffective against them anyways. Using over the counter medications to manage symptoms is harmless.


Add your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Which is better: taking medication or letting your natural body fight fever/cold/flu?

0 comments