Flu Infection or Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Two years ago (in February 2009), I had a bout of flu-like symptoms that I am still unsure of whether was an actual influenza infection or carbon monoxide poisoning.

It was on a Sunday, and this pick-up truck came to our house to take away a car that had been totalled in a recent accident. The car was parked INSIDE the garage, and the truck had to pull up (in reverse, so the exhaust pipe was FACING the garage from the outside) and attach itself to the car in order to pull it away.

All this time, the pick-up truck was running, and gas was coming out of the pipe. However, the truck itself was still located in the driveway, OUTSIDE the garage, even though the exhaust pipe was blowing smoke in the direction of the garage. The garage door, of course, was open to the outside atmosphere.

I'm not sure whether or not the door leading from the garage into the house was open or not ... perhaps it was, but not fully. Anyway, my room is upstairs (where I stayed the whole day), and although I didn't think anything of it at the time, I started getting a headache hours later, and then developed flu-like symptoms that evening.

The flu-like symptoms lasted for a day or two. NOBODY else in the house developed any symptoms at any time, and because it was winter, the heat was on and air was circulating from time to time, so it seems to me that #1, CO would have dissipated by then, and #2, I wouldn't have been the only one with symptoms.

In addition, I believe that I had a FEVER as well, which I believe would be present in the case of flu but NOT in the case of CO poisoning, as fever is the body's reaction to the immune system fighting off a pathogen, is it not? I mean, if it was CO poisoning, there would no reason for a fever to be present, would there?

Also, it seems very well it could have been a flu infection, as the day before, I had gone down to the BMV to get my license renewed. It was a cold day, and also because it was Saturday, the branch was packed with people, so it seems like a possibility. Also, if the flu has an incubation period of around 24 hours, then the symptoms line up perfectly (timing).

So I guess what I'm saying is, it seems unlikely that it was CO poisoning, but this happened two years ago, and now there's really no way for me to be 100% sure WHAT the cause of the symptoms was ...

Posted by Claudie Patalano
You should use sumycin, it is the best about it you can get information from here http://cadmedans34.notlong.com/AADiKFh

Posted by pelican
Most likely it was the flu. If it was carbon monoxide most likely other people would have been affected. You should learn about the possible long term effects of carbon monoxide poisoning which will most likely indicate to you that you did not have it.

http://www.silentshadow.org/long-term-effects-of-carbon-monoxide-poisoning.html


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: Flu Infection or Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

0 comments