I am 2 months pregnant with the a cold/allergy..(possible flu)..need advice??
I am 2 months pregnant but was told by my OB that I can't take any type of medication. I keep sneezing, coughing and runny nose and I need some advice on how to relieve my symptoms without taking medications...have any advice for me? Anything natural or organic would be nice...help...!!

Posted by lenore
my doctor(ob-gyn) told me that sudafed and robitussin are completely safe in pregnancy.
saline nose spray and humidifier also help

Posted by Cynthia G
I work with an Ob/Gyn & dont know what's wrong with your ob/gyn! He have reps that come into our office & let us know what pregnant women can take for different illnesses. You can take Robitussin DM,Sudafed, Anything Tylenol, & Benadryl for your allergies. I took all of these while I was pregnant & my baby is just fine.

Posted by expecting a girl 4/20/08
i am 31 weeks pregnant and taking tylenol cold doc told me tylenol is fine good luck hope you feel better

Posted by Possum
I would go to your pharmacy and get a homeopathic remedy for your cold ... just ask the pharmacist and tell them you are preggers. They are very helpful and will not give you anything you shouldn't be taking. I had the same thing around that stage of my pregnancy and took a brand called " Brauer" but I live in Australia, not sure if you have it where you are. But to be honest ... I think that homeopathic stuff doesn't work ... It took me ages to get over my cold anyway. It tasted like i was eating candy.

Posted by swimmerniki
That is strange that your doc told you no medicine, that is hard to believe. I was in a similar position when I was about four months along and the doctor told me anything Tylenol brand is ok, just do not take it for longer than what is indicated on the bottle. I also used nasal solution, the spray kind, that helped with my runny and stuffed up nose. Also take Tylenol, this really does relieve some problems. If you are trying to stick to organic make sure you are taking your prenatal vitamins, also take more vitamin c vitamins the days you are not feeling well. Tea and warm baths also are great.. there are also vapor Vick's teas that you should be allowed to take, and rum Vick's medicated rub on your chest this will relieve alot of the junk in your chest. I really hope this helps, all these things I recommend should be fine with your doc, if you are still concerned just call your doc office and talk to the nurse she will verify anything you are worried about, also any pharmacist at any local grocery or drug store should be able to help you. Hope you feel better soon!!


Add your own answer in the comments! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: I am 2 months pregnant with the a cold/allergy..(possible flu)..need advice??

0 comments