cold flu fever
by tedinx

I think I have the flu as I have a fever but still feel cold. What should I do?
I am coughing, sneezing and have a high temperature. But my hairs stand up and I fell the need to put on a coat indoors, even though I have fever.

What is the general advice for me in this situation of the flu/cold.

Posted by essentiallysolo
colds don't produce chills and fever of the sort you describe, so you likely have the flu.
STAY HOME, take tylenol for fever or body aches, drink two liters of water daily, get lots of rest. Do NOT leave the house until you have been fever free, without tylenol, for 24 hours.

Posted by Melody
Whenever you have a fever you are going to feel cold. It's just the bodies way of trying to regulate your temperature and such. If you have a fever, stomach illness, sore throat, and coughing you should go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. They'll probably treat you for both the swine flu and the regular flu since the swine flu test is more expensive than most people can afford. Hope you feel better.

Posted by Samantha
that's how i feel too. what i do is just relax with like 3 blankets and try to get my mind off of it. im shivering right now but my head is like a volcano, even though my temp is around normal.

Posted by Jack T
Sauna is the best way to get better fast, basically is make yourself sweat and drink a lot of orange juice is the best, and there are more but this is the most simple way, good luck, and get well soon.

Posted by KenM
Here is a self assessment for the flu:


What do you think? Answer below! Cold and Flu Basics - Cold and Flu Center - Gocoldflu.info
How to recognize the symptoms of cold and flu, which treatments work best, and advice on staying healthy during cold and flu season

Orignal From: I think I have the flu as I have a fever but still feel cold. What should I do?

0 comments